Welcome home dear little Ellowyn! ( Took you long enough to get here.) Sorry about the noise. The other girls are just excited and they
really don’t have indoor voices.
This is Elizabeth, the oldest. She’ll be helping out a lot and also getting
right in your face all the time. Just
holler if she’s bugging you and I’ll shoo her away.
This is Catherine and she will only pay attention to you
when Elizabeth is playing with you, so you won’t have to worry too much about
her. Just don’t take anything she offers
you.
This is Alexandria (we call her Lexa) and she apparently thinks that you are her own personal baby doll. I’ll do my best to keep her from poking your eye out.
There are a couple of cats around here too so I hope you’re not allergic. They pretty much keep to themselves. Just stick by me because they usually stay out of my way.
This is our house.
It’s pretty cramped, but you get your own room. Better enjoy it now because it’s most likely
the only time you won’t be sharing. I’m
just down the hall so yell when you’re hungry and I’ll eventually come.
Being the fourth of four girls, you have a whole wardrobe of
clothes. Unfortunately all of them are
used. Not so much these first 2 sizes,
but they start getting worn by 6 months, and pretty much all the size 12 months
have stains on them. Especially since
Lexa really loves spaghetti. I do
promise to buy you at least one new outfit every 6 months or so for
pictures. And once in a while when I see
a cute one at the store.
Also, now that there are six of us, we don’t have as many
funds available for extra things. We
used to go to Disneyland 3-4 times a year, but now we’ll be lucky if we can get
there once every two years. There will
still be fun times together (I hope you like basketball) but it will generally
be things that don’t cost much, like trips to the park down the street. Or maybe to the park up the road.
Sometimes it gets a little chaotic around here. Your father and I both have full time jobs as
well as church callings, so you will have other people around to take care of
you. They will always be people who love
you just as much as we do.
Speaking of that, you have way more family than just us. You have 2 great-grandfathers, 4
grandparents, 5 uncles, 5 aunts, and 18 cousins. Then there are also a bunch of related aunts,
uncles, cousins and second cousins that you’ll see occasionally. They’re mostly harmless.
There’s a great many more things you’ll learn as time goes
on. You’ll learn that I have a really
short fuse when I’m stressed, but I’m always available for hugs and
kisses. You’ll learn not to bother Dad
when he’s playing a game and I will agree to just about anything to get you to go
away when I’m reading. You’ll find out
that Dad is the best for any problems during the night and his shoulders are great
for snuggling. Elizabeth is the best
entertainer, but Catherine is better for playing with since she’ll sometimes
let you do things your way.
Your father and I will do our best to teach you everything
you need to know. It’s our job to help
you get from total dependence to complete independence in 18 years (or less)
and we’ll still be available after that for consultation. Just remember that we’re just people and
still learning a thing or two ourselves, so we’ll make mistakes sometimes. And once in a while we’ll own up to it.





3 comments:
So cute! I love the pictures and your writings. I am dying to see my new little niece. Happy belated birthday Ellowyn!
Ellowyn, you have a great Aunt Judy who thinks you are a great addition to our loud, crazy and loving family. Your Mom and Dad are amazing! Your grandparents are the best on earth, and your other family...they love to be together and will always support you. Welcome to our family! Auntie J.
Well said Jen, print it out and keep it for about 18 years. Welcome, Ellowyn, Team Gene number 30!!
Post a Comment