This morning I left the house with 8 bags. I don’t think we even take 8 when we go on vacation! Anyway, it got me thinking of the purpose of all those bags and what they’d be doing all day, so here’s the list.
1. My purse – This bag has keys, gum, phone, wallet, security badge, iPad, iPod, chapstick, hairbrush, sunglasses, and maybe one or two other miscellaneous things I don’t know about. It will sit in my desk drawer all day. Then it will come home with me with the same things inside.
2. Small brown bag – This bag holds my lunch bag, my book, and the BSA re-chartering stuff for my ward. The lunch will go in the fridge and the other things will sit in my desk drawer. It will come home with me at the end of the day with the same things inside (minus the food.)
3. Elizabeth’s backpack – This has her notebook and reading book in it. This will probably hang on a peg at school all day. It will come home with Elizabeth.
4. Elizabeth’s lunch bag – Contains Lunchables, Capri Sun, fruit snacks, and an ice pack. I’m not really sure what happens to it all day, but Elizabeth will bring it home with only the ice pack (hopefully.)
5. The Minnie Mouse bag – This has Elizabeth’s clothes, shoes, and coat in it. After she gets dressed at Grandma’s house, it will hold her pajamas. It will probably be in Grandma’s car all day and come home with Elizabeth.
6. The Rapunzel bag – This has Catherine and Lexa’s clothes for the other grandma’s house. Today it also had formula because Grandma was running out. The clothes will be exchanged for pajamas sometime today. Maybe two sets of pajamas since we couldn’t find the ones from yesterday. This bag will come home with me after I pick up the girls from grandma.
7. Catherine’s dance bag – We will go to dance class straight from Grandma’s house so we take this bag with us. It has Catherine’s dance clothes, shoes, and hair things. It will be in the car all day (even during dance class) and will come home with us afterwards.
8. The diaper bag – This bag has a bottle, formula, extra diapers, an extra shirt, and snacks for Lexa. Since she is coming with us to dance class, I bring it just in case she needs to eat or whatever. It will stay in the car all day and come home with us tonight after dance class.
Could I get away with fewer bags? Yes. I could put Elizabeth’s clothes in her backpack. I could put Catherine’s dance clothes in the diaper bag. So now we’re down to six bags. Still a lot.
The thing that takes so much time is that I pack these bags (or verify their contents) every night. (Well, except for the last two; those are only on Wednesdays.) When did leaving the house become such a big ordeal?
4 comments:
Even if you are a bag lady, there is a place for everything, and everything in its place.
Holy cow that's a lot of stuff. The best part is the majority of them just sit somewhere and hold things.
I remember the day I realized that Cynthia was old enough that I didn't need a diaper bag with me constantly. Just a few diapers and wipes in the purse and a sippy. It was very freeing.
hahaha! For some reason this is the most awesome post. You are a SuperMom!
a very organized bag lady. You are amazing!
Post a Comment