So last week I jinxed myself by thinking about how long it has been since my kids were sick. Yesterday morning as we were driving to Grandma’s house, Elizabeth said, “Mom, this nose doesn’t work” as she pointed to her right nostril. Last night she woke up crying because she was too hot. This morning she complained that her “neck hurt.”
I think it’s funny how she describes her symptoms. This is the first time she’s had the vocabulary to tell me how she feels and she doesn’t know the common phrases like “sore throat” and “stuffy nose.”
Hopefully it will pass quickly so we won’t infect Marianne’s whole family next week. So far Catherine isn’t showing any signs except a runny nose and general crabbiness, which I think is more related to molars coming in than any sickness.
3 comments:
Okay, now you can't come! Just kidding! 'Tis the season for colds and illnesses. It's no fun when they hit, but you will have your share, and so will we. :( Look on the bright side, at least she didn't throw up on the back of your head while you were driving. (yeah, happened to me once)
Our family just made it through the seasonal sickness. It's no fun when your little ones don't feel well and they don't understand what things will help and what will hurt. When Sarah was sick she cried for chocolate milk the whole time.
Colds, coughing, sneezing...I hate all of that stuff...And I am a nurse!
Post a Comment