Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Visiting Sophie

On Saturday we went to the Disney store and bought (among other things) a new suitcase for Elizabeth. Mostly because they were on sale but also because we figure that she's old enough to carry (or roll) her own luggage around.

When we got home, she told us that she was going to pack so she could go visit Sophie. I didn't think anything else about it until this morning when I tried to find one of her new shirts. Cliff reminded me that she had packed her suitcase and they had probably been included. This is what we found in her suitcase:

2 skirts
3 shirts
"Star blanket" (one of the blankets she sleeps with)
"Kitty" (her Beanie Baby cat)
A Sleeping Beauty mini-doll with plastic case and brush
A Belle mini-doll with plastic case and brush
Ballerina Barbie
2 rubber lizards (no idea where they came from)
A flashlight with 3 plastic covers that make silhouettes.
A pair of chopsticks
An egg-sized rock
A photo/autograph album from our December '09 trip to Disneyland.

Looking in her suitcase made me laugh. She brought the basics and a few things I expected (because they're her favorite toys) but a rock? Chopsticks? My imagination is having fun coming up with a vacation where all these things would be needed.

Also, I think it's funny that I have to specify year AND month when I am referring to one of our Disneyland trips.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Ha ha! I love the chopsticks. You've got a little MacGyver on your hands. You never know when two flimsy 10 inch sticks may really come in handy!

Suzanne Affleck said...

I bet the girls could get into all kinds of mischief with that stuff. Sophie carries around all her essentials in her pink, plaid purse. Princess dolls, extra dresses for them, some marbles, and her sunglasses. A girl's got to have style.

Dad said...

You mean that the rest of you don't pack a rock and chopsticks when you travel? I always do.

Anonymous said...

I was understanding and enjoying the list until I got to the chopsticks. Even the rock was okay, because, well, I have always lived with boys and you can never have enough rocks for throwing, eating, building, skipping water, throwing... Hey, maybe the chopsticks are to swat at, kill and then carry the bugs that run over her mother's face!