Just a little bit on why I love 100+ heat.
First of all, I do not like cold. I keep my house at 78 degrees. It is a bit on the cold side (for me) downstairs and nice and warm upstairs. Even in the hottest part of summer I sleep with two blankets on my bed (in part because Cliff is hot and he likes the fan on.)
On a normal day, I spend 4.5 hours in my 72ish degree office and it's just cold enough to keep me awake. (I sometimes have to sit on my hands to warm them up.) Then I go outside for lunch and the 100+ heat warms me right up. By the time I get to the place I'm eating, the outside temperature has defrosted me and I'm just starting to get hot. Then I go into the 70ish degree building and freeze all over again. Then its back to the oven-toasty warmness of my car. By the time I'm hot again, I'm back at work where my body temperature slowly decreases again over the next 4.5 hours. Then I get to warm up again when I go outside to drive home.
Yes, I do have to drive with one finger because the steering wheel is too hot to touch. And the plastic part broke off my seat belt so it burns my hip as I drive. And the car key gets hot enough to be used as a branding iron. But I love summer and the heat.
Time to go outside and warm up!
3 comments:
The best part of summer is going outside after eating a big meal. Your whole body relaxes and it feels like someone wrapped you in a warm blanket. The worst thing to do after a big dinner is walking outside into the cold. You start to shiver and get a stomachache. I love summer.
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes heat. I even like to wear those thick socks in the summertime. Suzanne is right, it's like a big hug, and very relaxing.
Only a true Vegas girl knows how to drive with one finger and use her seat belt as a branding iron. However, I still do love my AC
Post a Comment