- Listen to Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves" over and over. Hey, it's better than that chipmunk Christmas song she made me listen to. Unfortunately, she won't let me sing along. "Mom, I can't hear it!"
- Order side dishes with my meal that I know she'll like because she won't eat the ones on her own plate. "And I'll take broccoli with that." (Did those words just come out of my mouth?)
- Allowed a sleeping child to drool on my nice pants. My policy is to let sleeping children lie.
- Bought something with the words "Barbie" and "movie" in the title.
- Order Kraft macaroni and cheese at a restaurant.
- Choose a restaurant based on what food they would have for my child to eat.
Elizabeth's spelling of "water": "Mom I want some water. 3-2-1-W-X water."
Banned words in my house:
- park
- stroller
- bike
- Disneyland
- snacks
- any word naming a food that is not currently in the house.
I remember those kid-free days when we'd need something (like milk or shampoo) and we'd both go to the store for it. Now we fight over who gets to escape and who stays home with the kids. ("I'll go get it!" "No, you got to go last time!")
Something I actually said to my husband the other day: "Do you want the poop or the tantrum?" (He picked tantrum and she had fallen asleep. Lucky! Next time he doesn't get a choice.)
Elizabeth's excuse as to why she could not clear her place at the table after dinner: "I'm a girl. I don't know how to do those things."
4 comments:
Thanks for the laugh this afternoon. Just wait a few more years and you can escape the kids TOGETHER. Caroline is now 10, and I remember with JOY the first time Chris and I went to Target without her and Cat. They sat in front of the TV for 45 minutes (which they probably would have done had we been home or not) and we went to Target KIDLESS. Ah, the joys.
We are not allowed to mention anything to do with "Rebel Games" unless we are about to go to one.
Last night's quote from Sophie, "Jesus came to Earth just like Wall-E."
I love the quote, I'm a girl, I can't do that. I our house, it's "only daddy gets to say that word"!
Oops, that last comment was from Marianne! (I'm on Dad's computer!)
Post a Comment