Sunday, January 4, 2009

More Eye News

So here's poor Catherine in the ER just before being admitted into the hospital.
Everyone thought she was so cute and so pathetic looking. The next day, after antibiotics she looked like this:Big improvement, eh? Unfortunately, not only does she have cellulitis, but she also has a sinus infection, an ear infection, and some infection behind her jaw. The sinuses are the biggest threat now. A surgeon is supposed to come on Monday and look at the scan taken on Wednesday compared to the one today and if there isn't enough improvement, he will drain it surgically. But hopefully there will have been enough improvement that they will send her home Tuesday.

3 comments:

Suzanne Affleck said...

We hope everything turns out well for her. Poor thing. She looks a lot better though. I bet you're ready to bring her home. Good Luck Catherine!

Marianne said...

Just heard about the surgery, I hope everything went well. Hang in there Catherine, I know you'll be better soon.

Lemon Family said...

Poor little girl and poor Mom too. I hope everything goes well and she's home soon!