Thursday, January 15, 2009

Items In A Deserted Bowling Alley

This list was generated while I was waiting for others to finish looking around a deserted bowling alley built on the Test Site in August of 1965. It was remodeled in '76, '81, and abandoned around 2002.

2 working telephones
6 ash trays (glass)
2 cartons cigarrettes
1 large oscillating fan
3 billiard racks (the triangles that are used to set the balls)
1 cube of billiard chalk
2 billiard tables
3 billiard cue sticks
2 chalk boards (one of which I childishly drew my WB totem on)
6 pieces of chalk (one used in the above grafitti)
3 chalk board erasers
1 tape dispenser
11 wine glasses
2 ice cream sundae glasses
1 bowl of coffee grounds
5 napkin dispensers (with napkins)
4 bowling lanes with benches
1 bowling ball with a rope attached to it
2 bowling pins (one was upright and centered on a low square table)
1 putting green
3 coat stands
1 dart board (propped upright on a garbage can)
2 darts
3 dart stabilizers (you know, the "feathers" on the end of the shaft)
2 large garbage cans with lids (one with a dart board propped up on it)
1/2 full bottle of water
1 mouse carcass
1 snake carcass
miscellaneous tables and chairs (of various time periods)

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, can I have your job? I'd love to sit and count stuff. I guess I just walk around and pick random stuff off the floor all day. A little like your job, I guess. The snake carcass gave me the heebie geebies though! Eeek!

Suzanne Affleck said...

Isn't it funny what people throw away. Even more funny is what they keep.

P.S. You might be a Wood Badger if you draw your totem on abandoned chalkboards. :)

Dad said...

The really sad part is that I have actually bowled in that particular bowling alley. Before it was abandoned, of course.