Friday, January 23, 2009

Actual College Professor Quotes III

Dr. Maynes, Fluids

  • Fluctuating in an unpredictable manner, but not random.
  • You’re preachin’ to the choir here. I’m all with ya. It doesn’t make sense.
  • Once we get turbulence, all hell breaks loose.
  • (On the really old fluids movie) Are you having trouble thinking in black and white?
  • (When someone laughed at “PdA”) Yeah, I don’t know what you’re saying. It’s probably better that way.

Dr. Eastman – Airplane design

  • Take all the classes out of the different pockets of your cargo pants.
  • You became engineers so you wouldn’t have to write or interact with society.
  • You don’t have to die when the engines quit.
  • Qualitatively, I know a lot. Or I can make it up.
  • That’s the test pilot’s problem. I’m the engineer.
  • If you pull more than 8 g’s, I’m cancelling the warranty.

1 comment:

Suzanne Affleck said...

I love your professor quotes! Mine were pretty tame compared to yours.