Sunday, November 23, 2008

Laugh Until You Cry

I know that no one will find this as funny as I did, but I literally cried for about five minutes because I found this so funny. I seldom get a chance to refer to something as "uproariously funny" so that's why I'm blogging this.

The background: I never let any of our cats into the bedrooms. I'm sort of allergic and I don't like the cats in the closets with the clothes.

The setting: I am in bed trying to get warm. (For some reason I was freezing after lunch.) Elizabeth wants to play a game and I'm not getting out of bed so she calls Cliff to come up and get one down for her (they're up in the closet.) Cliff comes in, leaves the door open, gets the game, and then comes into the bed to help me get warm.

The funny part: Elizabeth sees Turk (the cat) come in and says, "Mommy! There's a cat in your room!" Something about the way she said it caused me to react like this...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! A CAT!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

And then I started laughing my head off. I scared Cliff, and Elizabeth, and the cat. But something about over-reacting made it the funniest thing ever. Cliff laughed some too, and Elizabeth just thought I was weird. I guess I am. I thought it was uproariously funny.

3 comments:

Suzanne Affleck said...

I must yell at our dog a lot because Sophie is always tattling on her. "Mom Cookie's on the bed. Mom, Cookie's on the couch. Cookie has my shoe. Cookie bumped Sarah. Cookie's drinking from the toilet." And every time she ends with the simple statement, "She's not suppose to do that."

Marianne said...

That's awesome. I think the funniest things are the ones you don't expect! Like my favorite knock-knock joke about the impatient cow. Still makes me laugh. Those jokes that make you laugh for 5 minutes are the best! Usually I start crying because I'm laughing so hard and end up almost choking to death. (That stops the laughing--at least momentarily!) :)

Marianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.