Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Actual College Professor Quotes Part II

Here's another edition of weird things said by actual professors. I had Dr. Mortensen for two classes; Materials and Manufacturing Design.

  • (On the Atomic bomb) If it doesn’t work, are you happy or sad? Never could figure that one out.
  • Saliva is a more refined spit word.
  • I’m approaching spherical because I want to optimize my geometric.
  • It’s just delightful to sit up in the mountains and watch the deer and weld.
  • (On putting his hand in the toilet) That’s not the worst place my arm has been. I had cows.
  • The whole world looks like a nail if all you own is a hammer.
  • (About the author’s dedication page) I don’t care if he loved his mother.
  • (On scouting) If you don’t understand aluminum foil dinners, you won’t make it.
  • (On the strength of titanium) It takes those tools and says, “You think you’re gonna what?”
  • Adam probably knew how to wire a TV set but didn’t want to because he knew the effect on his kids.
  • (On coyote extinction) I’d burn incense on that hummer.
  • You open a Cracker Jack box and you get a computer that will solve the Eigen values.
  • This is a trick. This is nothing more than a trick.
  • You have to know what they know and they don’t know a thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, some of us say dumb things. Professor Judy

Marianne said...

The cow one is funny when you've seen exactly where a farmer's hand goes sometimes. Mmmmmm.