Also, she's wearing her new bib from the Baby Rebel Lab. A couple of professors at UNLV are doing studies about how babies look at and learn faces. I took Catherine down there on Friday. First she sat in a seat and looked at pictures of faces and they documented which part of the face she looked at first. Then they showed her a face with a voice and then several faces to see if she would look at the one with the voice. For the third part, I held her on my lap and she looked at faces again, but this time I couldn't see them because I was wearing dark glasses. They didn't want where I was looking to influence where she looked. It took about 15 minutes and she got bored towards the end, but she was mostly good. Then we got a T-shirt and a bib.
I did a similar study with Elizabeth when she was a baby. They had the results of Elizabeth's study on the wall when we went this time. Basically what they found out during that study was that babies are most interested in faces that look like their mother's. Hmmm. Did they really need a study for that?
2 comments:
Wow, you are such a cool mom to go volunteer for studies so they can learn more about babies. (Even stuff that MOMS already know!) Keep up the cereal, its cute to see them try to figure out how to eat it w/o spitting it all back out.
The more cereal, the better and longer is the sleep. I'm sure that is your real motive.
Post a Comment