Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference Saturday Afternoon


It’s been a while since I did one of these Conference timelines.  Mostly because Cliff and I started banishing the children while we watched Conference.  This time, Cliff wanted the kids to watch at least one session and we picked Saturday afternoon since the girls could watch for Ava in the choir.  She was easy to spot in her yellow shirt!

We began with everyone in the living room but some came and went as they got bored or sent away.  I had paper, pen, iPhone, and cross-stitch near me.  Elizabeth came prepared with an egg container, M&Ms, a sponge, books, paper, and art supplies.

1:04 Everyone is watching intently for Ava during the first song.  We see her only in the shots of the whole choir so far.

1:09 They announce the new apostles.  No one we know.

1:11 We are watching Conference on the iPad plugged in to the TV and the Safari app crashes.  We hurry to get it started again.

1:17 Watching intently for Ava again.  Getting tired of the chorus of “I see Ava!  I see Ava!” every time she’s in the shot.  Cliff is getting tired of kids touching the TV when they point her out.

1:22 Right now Ellowyn and Genevieve are playing on their bellies on the floor and they are the noisiest.  

Catherine keeps disappearing.  Pretty sure she’s sneaking food.

1:25 Loving Elder Hales talk about dating.  Need to remember this for when my girls are older.

1:37 I’m surprised when Elizabeth shushes everyone.

1:42 Noticed that all my cross-stitch needles are missing from the magnet that holds them.  Minor freak out until I find them all again.  I was worried because Catherine had been sitting nearly on my cross-stitch things.

1:48 Every Mother’s Day talk is going to suck compared to the one Elder Holland just gave.

2:03 Lexa gets put in time-out for kicking Ellowyn’s books for no reason.  Her pouty face makes me laugh.

2:09 Ellowyn is making noises that Lexa doesn’t like so she’s yelling at her to stop.  Lexa gets sent upstairs.

2:13 Cliff eats second lunch (leftover lasagna.)

2:21 Genevieve is getting sleepy.  I tell Cliff it’s his turn to get her to sleep (I did it during the last session.)

2:27 The noisiest thing in my house are plastic princess shoes that everyone decided to wear today.  They are banned.  Catherine and Ellowyn go to find something to do upstairs and Cliff puts Genevieve in bed.

2:41 It’s too quiet now with most everyone out of the room.  Elizabeth fills the void by talking.

2:47 Catherine is crowing like a rooster upstairs.  Hopefully she won’t wake up the baby. 

2:51 We gather everyone for the final round of Where’s Ava.  Ellowyn sees her and yells, “I see Ava!  Right there!  Boom!”

2:53 Ellowyn tells me she can’t fold her arms for the prayer because she has poop.

1 comment:

Suzanne Affleck said...

I was just as bad as the kids during that session "I see Ava! I see Ava!"