Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yesterday

Ah, yesterday!  How lovely you were!  I had a nice leisurely drive to work because Cliff dropped off the kids.  I actually had some work to do at work.  I had lunch with my husband and a nice drive home without The Talker and the baby amused herself without crying.  Things were going well.  In fact, things had been going pretty well for the last week.  Even when I had to hold Alexa while making dinner, I was still in a pretty good mood.

That’s when it happened.  (I normally don’t believe in jinxes, but now I am certain that this one is real.)  I thought, “Hey, things have been going pretty well lately.  I haven’t been depressed, no one is sick, and I’ve done a pretty good job controlling my temper.  Everything has been great!”

So then Life said, “Oh yeah?  You think things are great?  Take this!”

Inconsolable baby – I can handle it.  I’ve been sitting down all day,  I can stand for a while.

Husband an hour late coming home while dinner sits waiting – Doesn’t he remember that I said I would have dinner ready after dance class?  Where is he?  Whatever.  I’m just going to eat it before it gets any colder.  Great.  Lukewarm dinner with a screaming baby.  Yum.

Computer virus destroys my ability to use any programs – Seriously?  Where did that even come from?  And the antivirus can’t remove it?  @#*&$@!!  Great.  No internet.  No email.  No nothing.  Reinstall the operating system?  Sure!  As soon as I get time to back up the important files and all that crap.  Maybe there will be time for it next month!

6-year-old complaining incessantly while folding the laundry – Oh, you have to fold your own laundry?  Boo hoo!  Poor thing!  I’ve got three full baskets here and you only have a half.  I’m really angry right now and you are pushing me over the edge!  That’s it!  Mom is now in time out!  I’m going to lay here and cry for a minute.  I am NEVER going to acknowledge that thing have been going well EVER AGAIN!

Not-at-all sleepy 2-year-old who doesn’t stay in bed until 11:00 – Alright, now you’re just being mean. *Sigh*  At least we can snuggle while watching The A-Team on Hulu.

1 comment:

Suzanne Affleck said...

That is the worst, the calm before the storm. You know when things are extra good, they are about to turn extra bad. I hope the next day went better for you.