Yesterday I went to a conference on the Uniform Building Code and was at an all day seminar on inspecting duct construction. Oh yeah, it was as boring as it sounds. There were a few times when someone tried to make a joke which wasn't very funny, but nonetheless got a few laughs. So here is the collection of what passes for humor at a duct inspection seminar.
A guy passes out duct tape for us to use on our name tags. "Is this UL 181 approved tape?"
Subject: hanger straps to hold up duct. "That's the one people like to walk on."
Subject: exhaust (or lack of it) from a building. "Somebody passes gas and everybody dies."
An architect puts 4 feet of insulation in his attic to cut heating/cooling costs. "I asked him if he had low 'e' glass. He said, 'What's that?'"
Round fire dampers come with a plate so they can be put into a square hole. "Do they test square ones in a round hole?"
HA! I know you're all just rolling on the ground now. Yeah, the seminar was SO boring that some of these jokes were actually funny. The worst part was when we had to listen to a recording of a man talking about how fire and smoke dampers are UL 555 certified. For an hour. I'm pretty sure the instructor threw that in to fill up time.
I made 8 lists while I was there at the seminar, about one for every hour, to keep myself awake. Mostly there were lists of stuff I need to do (for the new baby, for work, for the house.) There was also a list of what to pack for the hospital, and ideas for Elizabeth's birthday. And of course, the lame mechanical jokes.
2 comments:
And you made it out alive? After the first few minutes I would have excused myself to the restroom (you're pregnant who's going to say no) and run screaming down the hall.
At least you were at a place where, if you fall asleep, everyone would understand
Post a Comment