Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Little Joys at Christmas

I've been trying to focus on having a bettter attitude so I've been trying to focus on little things that bring me joy instead of the crowds, sickness, and whining that are pummeling me every day.  Here's a partial list (a.k.a. the ones I remember.)
  • One night we went to the UNLV basketball game.  Catherine slept all the way there, but as we pulled into the parking lot, I heard her sleepy little voice say, "Re-bels.  Re-bels."
  • Catherine had been throwing up since 3 in the morning and Elizabeth came downstairs after waking up and promptly started cleaning the living room so we could still put up the tree that day.
  • Cliff bought me a new tree skirt.  The old one was velvet and the cats were constantly sleeping on it and I got tired of cleaning it and threw it away.  The new one has glitter and so far the cats haven't touched it.
  • Elizabeth brought this up out of nowhere one night, "Mom, remember the guy who broke our window and stole your purse?  He's not getting any presents from Santa this year.  He's only getting coal for presents."
  • I was getting tired of standing in line at WalMart so Cliff stayed in the line while I sat down on a nearby bench.  Of course the girls followed me.  Catherine decided it was fun to do this over and over:  she hugged me while saying, "I love you mommy", then she kissed me on the cheek and on the mouth, then she held my hands and jumped off the bench.  I wasn't too fond of the jumping part, but it was the first time she said "I love you" and I couldn't resist hearing it over and over.
  • Last night while the girls and I were feeling a bit sick and watching a movie, Cliff got up at least 8 times to get drinks of milk and OJ for the girls.
I hope that writing these down will help cement them in my mind because I need to remember how sweet these little girls are during the times when they're driving me crazy!

3 comments:

Raunee said...

Merry Christmas! You have a sweet family!

Marianne said...

They are sweet. I really really like them! And I laugh every time I see the picture at the top of your blog. Kids are awesome!!

Judy Anne said...

Ah yes...you are learning how to survive your children! Good times!