In celebration of the end of the year, I present the best things that happened this year (in the order that I remembered them.)
1. Cliff and I took a trip to California BY OURSELVES. It was my most favorite thing this year because it was great to do whatever we wanted without having to consider the needs and wants of two small children. All weekend my internal voice was saying, "Oh yeah. THAT's why I married you!" I vote we do this every year.
2. New baby on the way! Getting pregnant is not easy while struggling with depression (and other issues.) After 5 months, we fasted for help (should have thought of that sooner) and voila! I vote that we never do this again.
3. In May we went all the way across the country to visit Suzanne's family and stopped by Disney World. We had a whole lot of fun (for the most part) and couldn't resist comparing Disney World to Disneyland. I vote that we do this again in ten years.
4. At the beginning of the year (February?) Cliff and I were asked to teach the Gospel Essentials class. I really love teaching it because it is the basics. Sometimes we have investigators and sometimes new members, but the regulars are great. I vote that we keep doing this for several years.
5. Elizabeth started school in August! She goes to school with Grandma and LOVES it. She likes the songs, learning the letters and words, and hanging out with Grandma every day. She was so disappointed during winter break and is excited to go back next week. I vote we do this every year for the next 12 years (especially the excited part.)
6. Cliff earned his Associates degree from the University of Phoenix and (more importantly) made it onto my parents' Wall of Graduates! He is still working towards his bachelor's degree and looking forward to a career change. I vote for another graduation in 2012.
7. We bought a bunk bed for Elizabeth and Catherine and moved them into the same room. The bed is HUGE but it has steps (which I have used more than anyone) and the girls like it. They don't always like sharing a room (who does?) but they get along well together. I vote that we keep this arrangement for a long time so I don't have to figure out how to take that thing apart!
8. Goodbye 10-year-old car and hello minivan! I missed my old car at first, but I really like this van. I can buckle Catherine without bending over and it has so much room! We fit 4 kids, 3 adults, and 5 days worth of stuff into it once and barely felt like killing each other! (Good times.) I vote we keep it for 10 years.
I was trying to make it to a nice even 10 things, but I can't think of any more. Most everything else is a mix of good and bad (Elizabeth's dance team, other vacations) so I'll just stick with these. I'm already looking forward to the best of next year: hemorrhoid surgery! Just kidding - new baby!
2 comments:
Thanks for the post. I am trying to write the yearly letter, and will use some of your stuff.
What a wonderful year you had. Merry Christmas and a blessed 2011
Post a Comment