Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What's In A Name?

Today on the ride home, I was talking to my dad about what to name this new baby.  I won't know the gender until November 5 and I was putting off thinking about the name until then.  So if anyone has a suggestion, now is a good time to bring it up. 

For a boy, we had originally thought of using Clifford James because Cliff, his father, and grandpa all have the same first name but different middle names.  But Cliff is waffling on this because he doesn't really like his name.  So we might go ahead with something else.  I sort of like Paul, but right now I'm open to suggestions. 

For a girl, I want a name that will go with Elizabeth and Catherine.  I was thinking of Guinevere, but it's pretty hard to spell.  I was also thinking of using the middle name Fern because it is Cliff's mom's middle name, but it's not definite.

So help me out here, guys.  What do you think?

(And don't bother suggesting Woody or Jessie because I already told Elizabeth we're not using those.)

4 comments:

Marianne said...

For a girl, how about Emma, Amelia, or Isabelle? Something that is kind of victoria-era-ish. (Is that a word?) Can you name a boy with the middle name of Clifford? (if you have to use that name?) I don't get to pick names anymore, so it's kinda fun to give my 2 cents. I like James a lot, and Caleb. I'm excited to hear what you will be having! :)

Suzanne Affleck said...

If it's a girl how about Jane, Mary, or Lydia? Tee hee. I like the name Victoria too. I wanted to name one of my girls Alice but Ferrin won't let me. A niece might be as close as I can get.

That would be sad if a tradition died. If you have a boy and name him Clifford James you could call him C.J.

C. James Merrill, sounds like GA material to me. :-)

Marianne said...

Suzanne---haven't you heard something about "the wicked traditions of their fathers" that need to be broken? (tee hee!)

Judy Anne said...

What about Judy!! J/K Okay, maybe not. CJ is cute, just nothing that starts with a B or the initals would be BM