The big news this weekend was that my brother-in-law was 2 hours late to his own birthday party. We waited for him and then decided not to wait anymore, but then his wife called him and he was “on the way” so we waited some more. Then he was “getting close”, and then he was “almost there.” Finally, he showed up and his wife put the cake on the table and turned around to get the lighter. My mother-in-law promptly pushed one of the candles down into the cake, then pushed her finger into it. And she took a big swipe of icing off the top. Then my nephew swiped some icing. Then Cliff did. I just laughed. I could tell his wife was a bit peeved at them, but she didn’t say anything because he was 2 HOURS LATE!
I love my mother-in-law. She got just the right amount of wackiness. She’s usually the one who starts the food fights, water fights, sword fights (she played foam swords with my kids and Cliff last night until her husband had enough.) She’s going through a hard time right now because she’s losing her house and has to find a place that will take her and 5 cats, but she can still have fun swatting her 37-year-old son on the butt with a foam sword.
But PLEASE do not get her started on politics!
Oh, and Cliff bought me a new minivan for my birthday. 35 with two and a half kids and now I drive a minivan. Bleh. I think it needs flames on the side. Maybe a big number 18.
4 comments:
I love your Mother in law! You are fortunate to have someone like that. I think it would more classy if you had spinners for the "shoes on your whip". You'll have to post some pics of your minivan you soccer mom you!!!
The van is nice, we saw it last night. Jen is actually excited to have it, but the girls are even more thrilled. Catherine can actually see out the windows!!
You have to post some pictures of your new car! It better not be silver or white. Ha ha. At last you have crossed to the dark side.
Oh NO...you are a soccermom!!! (at least that is what Dwayne calls it when you get a van)
Way to go mom-in-law...sometimes even 35 year-olds need a whupping from mom!!!
Post a Comment