- Yesterday, Elizabeth explained to Catherine that gummi worms are made of slime and moisture. And marshmallows.
- Cliff is not excited for our new baby yet (it's still 7 months away) but I'm already buying clothes and making plans. I guess it's a mom thing. And who can resist cute little baby socks? (http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=16252)
- The girls are getting a new bunk bed this Friday. Now I'm faced with the daunting task of cleaning Elizabeth's room. It's not too bad, but I have a feeling that not all the toys are going to make the cut. Now is a good time to get rid of the Happy Meal toys, miscellaneous bits and broken pieces. I know Elizabeth with plead eloquently and with many tears for each and every piece. This is the time for a heart of stone.
- Catherine is becoming such a little personality. I can't help but laugh at her little quirks and her insistance on doing things herself. She always says "I do dit!" and cheers loudly for herself. I should learn from her example. "Way to go! You walked right past the candy aisle!" or "Good job keeping your temper!" Maybe even "I folded the laundry all by myself! Hooray!" I'm sure that right around February I'm going to need this kind of encouragement.
- Since I love baby things right now, this blog (http://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/) is the darling-est one of all time! It's like Anne Geddes but not creepy.
- On our trip to Disneyland this past weekend, Elizabeth watched "Wonder Woman" the animated movie. At one point, she was in the back seat yelling, "Punch him in the face!"
Monday, August 2, 2010
Random Bits
The last two weeks I have been sooooo nauseous that I haven't really done anything besides lay down and feel sorry for myself. But now I'm off my medication (should have done that sooner) and I can eat again (except chocolate is still on the banned list.) So now that my whole attention isn't focused on not throwing up, I'm putting some random thoughts out here for your amusement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kid comments are the best and CONGRATULATIONS on the new babe. Hope you get feeling better sooner than later.
I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better! Having babies and going shopping is exciting!
Happy Meal toys are usually the first to go in our house. I usually sort through our toys when S&S are occupied elsewhere. They don't know the difference. Sometimes Sophie will even help a little if I ask for toys that someone else who doesn't have any could use. She'll usually pick out a few.
I hate the pukey stage. Couldn't even take my Zoloft until the third trimester because it killed what little appitite I had. Tell Cliff he's gonna have to start shouldering some responsibility for a while.
I'm sorry you're sick! Make sure the girls are OUT of the house, then start throwing stuff in a garbage bag. They won't miss anything they can't see. Or call Mom over to clean it up. Then you can lay on the couch with a smoothie and stare at the floor.
Congrats! Soory that you're so sick. I really wish that we had had Elizabeth over to play a hundred times before we left... that's what I get for thinking that I have all the time in the world! Hope you will be feeling better soon!
I just heard about your new expectation. Congrats! A good house cleaning is good for the soul!
Post a Comment