Friday, March 12, 2010

Elizabeth's Birthday Spectacular Part III

I was getting Elizabeth to report on her own birthday, but today was so exciting that she fell asleep just after dinner.

We ate breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel where they have a character breakfast with Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Stitch, and Pluto. She got a birthday cake that she didn't touch because she doesn't like cake.

Next it was the princess makeover at the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique. I wish you were all there to see her because she totally ate it up. She picked out a dress, shoes, crown, gloves, purse and scepter. Then she got her hair done, nails painted, then make-up, jewelry, and pixie dust. Then came the photo shoot.

For me, this was the best part of the day. The fairy-godmother-in-training (who did the make-over) was so great. She called Elizabeth "Princess" and "Your Highness" without fail. She told Elizabeth stories about all the things she was giving her.

  • A 40 carat ring from the dwarf's' mine
  • nail polish made from strawberries and Cinderella's smashed glass slipper
  • face jewels arranged into pictures by Tinkerbell

Afterwards, Elizabeth was a whole different person. She curtsied constantly and could not stop dancing and swishing her dress around. I always felt sorry for people who stood near us in the lines because Elizabeth would tell them all about her dress and make-up and birthday and she's five and she knows the princess wave and her gloves and ring and shoes... She even trapped one poor lady in the bathroom. She completely loved it. After the make-over, I asked her which ride she wanted to go on. She said, "Just drive me around and I'll see of there's anything I want to do." Didn't know an ego boost went along with that make-over!

(Also, Elizabeth never complains about her shoes or dress bothering her. When we got back to the hotel, she had big rub marks on her shoulders where seams in the dress sleeves had been scratching her all day and she never said a word.)

We also went to the birthday party and had little cakes that you get to decorate yourself. We watched "Captain Eo." Yep, the Michael Jackson 3D show in Tomorrowland, just as cheesy as I remember it. We watched a parade (which we hardly ever do) and Elizabeth got to go dance with the performers.

Then we stopped by the Build-A-Bear where Grandma bought (by proxy) Elizabeth a new pink (of course) bear who she named "Buttercup." Pretty successful birthday.

4 comments:

Raunee said...

What a great day! I'm glad she had so much fun!

Dad said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!! GMom

Marianne said...

Wow! That's crazy. I wonder how you're going to top that one...

Suzanne Affleck said...

Holy smokes what a birthday! Do they do the same for adults? I want a princess make-over for my birthday! Pictures, pictures, I must see pictures!