Monday, February 15, 2010

The [adjective] [noun] Ever!

Since some of you are plain vanilla and some are spicy, I have described my recent Valentine's Day weekend in California using a Mad Libs-style fill-in-the-blanks. Now you can read all about our weekend without knowing the sordid details and can imagine us as vanilla or spicy as you think we are.

The weekend started out with Cliff giving me a [noun]. We took the kids over to Grandma’s house and we were on our way! We first went to Disney [state] so Cliff could unlock a special section of his [movie] application. Then we watched both 3D shows, “It’s Tough To Be A [noun]” and the 3D Muppet show. We did a little [verb] in Downtown Disney and had a small [noun]. Cliff was grossed out by some unidentified [color] goop on his [noun]. We checked into our [noun] so that I could [verb] my [body part] while Cliff took a nap.

For dinner, we went to The Melting Pot, my favorite [noun]. Then we went back to the hotel and I changed into [plural noun] and [plural noun]. We [past tense verb] for a while and then [past tense verb]. We both [past tense verb] and I put on a [noun] which was the only pajamas I had with me.

The next morning, after [past tense verb], we went to Disneyland and went on a bunch of [plural noun] that our children wouldn’t have liked. Cliff even rode Big Thunder Mountain, though he’s not a very fun [noun] because he just sits there. Around noon, we went to West Hollywood where we saw part of the Walk of Fame. We took this picture because it’s my [relation]’s name.


We also went into some of the [plural noun], mostly the ones that had [adjective] shoes, and a couple which had [plural noun]. Then Cliff remembered a store that he had ordered [plural noun] from which had a West Hollywood address. He got the address using his iPhone and we drove to it. It did have some [plural noun], but it also had really awesome [adjective] clothing. I was amazed at how silky and [adjective] they felt. Needless to say, we bought a [noun] and [plural noun], even though they were quite expensive. It was our Valentines present to ourselves.

I wore the [plural noun] that evening when we went out to dinner. We went to a shopping complex which had [adjective] restaurants, but they all had wait times of [number] minutes or more. So we went to Carl’s Jr. instead. When we got back to the hotel, I found that I had [plural noun] on my [body part] from wearing the [plural noun] with my [noun]. Oh well. Such is the price of [state of being]. We [past tense verb] that night also, and Cliff gave me a wonderful [noun].

The next day was [day of the week] and we went to the ward that we usually attend while in [city]. They were having ward conference and their [numerical order] speaker, who I think was the [official], gave a very personally powerful [noun] which made me cry so much that all my [noun] was gone by the end of it. We then went to Barnes & Noble and bought about [number] books each and then it was off to PF Chang’s for our [holiday] lunch. Then we went back to our [place] so Cliff could [verb] while I read a [noun]. But partway though, I [past tense verb] and didn’t wake up until dinner time.

We walked down to Buca di Beppo for [meal]. Not only was it [adjective], but they gave us two chocolate-dipped [food] for Valentine’s Day. Back at the hotel, I put on the [noun] and [plural noun] that we bought the day before. Unfortunately, all of the anxieties of the weekend crashed down on me and all I could do was [verb] on the bed and [verb] while Cliff [past tense verb]. I used my mental strategies to get myself under control and was then able to [past tense verb]. Cliff put some [noun] on my [noun] but he wasn’t [adjective], so I just [past tense verb]. He gave me another [noun] and I put on my special Valentine’s [noun] and we [past tense verb].

The next [time of day], we packed up all our [plural noun] and went to [place] one last time. We ate [meal] at the Plaza Inn with [character] and friends, got some information for our next trip on [daughter]’s birthday, and started for [place]. On the way, we stopped for a bit more [present tense verb] and I got two new [plural noun] for those special [occasion]. It was an [adjective] vacation!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I don't know...I can imagine some pretty imaginative things! I loved your post, it gave me a lot to think about. Are you okay? Did you have an anxiety attack? You're so lucky to get away without the kids!!

Jen said...

I did have an anxiety attack, but I was able to get over it in about 5 minutes. Thanks therapy!

Raunee said...

Wow! That was hard! And I didn't want to even guess on some of those! Lol! I'm glad you had a fun time!