Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Candy Trilogy

Saturday after the birthday party on the way home...

Mom: No more candy, Elizabeth. (Takes bag of candy away.)
Elizabeth: But Mooooom! I want some! I'm so hungry! I never get to have any candy! [Further whining.]
Mom accidentally leaves candy in the car.


Monday afternoon...

Elizabeth sees bag of candy in the car.
Elizabeth: Mom, can I have some candy?
Mom: No. We're on our way home to eat dinner.
Elizabeth: But Mooooom! I want some! I'm so hungry! I never get to have any candy! [Further whining.]
Mom accidentally leaves candy in the car.


Tuesday morning...

Elizabeth sees bag of candy in the car.
Elizabeth: Mom, can I have some candy?
Mom (figures one piece for breakfast is okay): Sure.
Elizabeth: Does "sure" mean "yes?"
Mom: Yes.
Elizabeth rummages in bag.
Elizabeth: I don't really like this candy. I don't want it.
Mom takes candy to work and eats it.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I like your stories. I was hoping this would end up like "Elizabeth took candy anyway, Mom finds the empty bad stuffed behind the couch" like it would at my house. Here, "no" means, "I'm sorry-you'll have to sneak it".

Suzanne Affleck said...

Elizabeth stories are the best. They always make me laugh. I hope there wasn't any chocolate in that bag.

Dad said...

At least you put the candy to good use. Elizabeth stories ARE always good.

Anonymous said...

Candy? from a Party? Was that from Jake's party? What a great story...why do kids only want what they can't have?