Sunday, July 19, 2009

Oops

Elizabeth and I went to the lake on Saturday with Grandpa and I forgot my camera. So Grandpa brought his so I could take pictures. He got a few really good ones of Elizabeth riding a "ski-board" or whatever it's called. Then I climbed on the back of a little boat to get some good pictures of her on the tube. She loved it!

Then, I forgot that I had put the camera inside my life jacket to keep it safe and jumped into the water with it. Dang it! Of course the camera wouldn't work (and I'm still buying you a new one for your birthday, Dad) but I'll be more bummed if I can't get the pictures and video from the camera. A four-year-old bouncing along inside a big inner tube with a great big grin on her face is too priceless.

So please take a minute and imagine it now in place of the video that may be lost.

Let me know the next time you go, Dad and I'll be sure to bring my own camera to drop in the water!

(And for the record, if I hadn't stupidly jumped off, the camera would still have gotten a dunking because I fell off not too long after. I've got a huge bruise on my butt and a sprained toe to remember it by.)

3 comments:

Dad said...

I got the pictures out of the camera, but it refuses to take any more. Do they even make waterproof digital cameras? With the amount of time we spend on he water, it might be a good investment.

Suzanne Affleck said...

That's stinky. My camera will no longer zoom because Sarah got to it once on the beach and there is still sand in it. I'm glad you were able to get the pictures off of it. Is the memory card okay or do you need a new one of those too?

Marianne said...

You mean I specially mailed Dad back his camera at my expense so you could jump in the lake with it? Dang. I hope he likes his new one! ;)