Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Castle

Elizabeth wanted to tell a story to Sophie, so I asked her to tell it to me and I would write it down and post it for Sophie's mom to read to her. Here is her story almost as she told it. (She talked a bit faster than I can write.)

Once upon a time Elizabeth and Sophie lived in a beautiful shiny castle. And there was something blocking the door and they couldn’t get out. They were sneakers! And there was another door in the castle and they sneaked out of it and another man blocked the door. And then they did the new high five secret. And then they lived in a new castle but their castle was stinky and dirty so they went to the woods to get a new one and the new castle was shiny and “What’s that smell?” they said. That smell was cherry pies. And they went inside and there was an old woman, but it wasn’t an old woman. It was a princess. “You guys don’t have no where to sleep,” she said. Her name was Sleeping Beauty. Sophie and Elizabeth took Sleeping Beauty to their castle and told her to clean it and make it much prettier.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Awesome! Elizabeth has the best imagination. I can't wait to see you guys!

Dad said...

Suzanne should be able to read it right off your blog, now that she finally has the internet again.

Mandie Green said...

She is too funny! Tell Elizabeth to send Sleeping Beauty my way after she is done with her. I need some help with my dirty stinky castle too!

Suzanne Affleck said...

Tell Elizabeth that Sophie really liked her story. She wants her to know that she has a big castle sticker on her wall, and sleeping beauty too. Sophie states very matter-of-factly "Sleeping Beauty is my favorie princess and Belle is Elizabeth's favorite."

Hey now that my computer is up and running we can do webcams. As soon as I find it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a budding writer. Keep journalling her stories, she may make you rich someday!