We had a fairly successful trip to Disneyland last weekend. Cliff and I each got angry only once (at each other) and Elizabeth almost talked us into going right to bed on Friday night instead of going to Disneyland for a couple of hours. (How can you be RIGHT THERE and not want to go?)
Our favorite ride was the Jungle Cruise. Elizabeth liked the "silly hippos" (they wiggle their ears) and I like it because of the corny puns. I love the "guides" who tell ones that I've never heard before. Here's a couple I remembered from this trip:
"And here we see Schwitzer Falls. We'll be going over that later." (Instead of "And here we see Schwitzer Falls, named after the famous explorer, Albert Falls.")
"Of all the animals here, the zebras are the oldest. You can tell because they're in black and white."
The best one I've heard that caught me off guard was this:
"I don't remember those animals, they must be gnu."
6 comments:
The title quote was about the witch doctor who was offering shrunken heads?
I do like the fact that each guide has a slightly different patter.
My favorite was the guide who said that the tiger could jump up to 25 feet, but he would jump right over us cause we were closer than that.
Of course, that joke is old, but I had a guide who also used it to describe the elephant, gorilla, snake, and the natives.
That's funny. I never heard the black and white one before. How many times have you been to Disneyland this year?
Only 3! And 2 more scheduled.
Very fun - Chris loves the punny Jungle Cruise too.
Disneyland! I hope I never get to old to enjoy it!
Post a Comment