12:30 – I hear Catherine waking up and I get up and go put her back to sleep. I try not to get any germs on her because I feel sick.
3:45 – I hear Catherine waking up. This time she won’t go back to sleep. I consider waking Cliff up and making him watch her, but then I remember the last time I did that he kept letting her cry which kept me up anyway. I make her a bottle, she drinks it and goes back to sleep. I go back to bed, laying down on the side of my head that won’t make my sinuses hurt.
5:15 – The alarm goes off.
5:something – Cliff says something to me and I roll over and go back to sleep. I have an awful dream. I’m part of the Relief Society presidency and we’re all at an activity. I’m eating while the others are cleaning up (which means I was late) and I’m worrying about a talk I have to give. Then I notice that they are all wearing peach-colored shorts and white shirts. I look down and see that I’m wearing white shorts and a peach shirt. (It's sadly funny that this is my worst nightmare: going to Relief Society, being late, giving a talk, wearing the wrong thing. The only thing that was missing was calling someone on the phone.)
6:30 – I wake up and look at the clock. I’m supposed to be leaving the house at 6:00. I can’t believe Cliff didn’t wake me up! He leaves at 6:15, so I know he’s already gone. I jump up, throw on some clothes, brush my teeth and run in to wake up Catherine. As I’m opening the door and turning on the light, Cliff comes up the stairs.
Me: “It’s 6:30!”
Him: “I know. I already called in. I’m not going in today; I feel sick.”
Me: “Why didn’t you wake me up?”
Him: “I fell asleep on the couch.”
Me: “I don’t suppose you want to keep the girls today,” thinking that it will save me half an hour not to have to make the detour to his mom’s house.
Him: “I guess I can.”
Me: “You need to decide. Either keep them or don’t because I have to go.”
Him: “Yeah, I’ll keep them.”
Catherine is already awake by this time, but I’m thinking that I might be able to get her to go back to sleep so I pick her up and she THROWS UP ALL OVER MY SHIRT! I put her gently down in the crib, walk to my room, slam the door and start bawling. As I’m changing my shirt, Cliff comes in and hugs me. I cry like a little girl while I tell him about getting up in the night (because he stayed dead asleep of course) and my dream and Catherine throwing up (which he obviously saw.) And I couldn’t stay home because of this @!#*&% report that’s had me angry for the last four days. He tells me that things can only get better.
6:40 – I’m calmed down enough now to tell him to call his mom to tell her that we aren’t coming and to pay for Elizabeth’s dance class. I head out the door to find that Cliff’s car is blocking mine in the driveway. I somehow find the restraint not to use swear words when I tell him to move his car.
7:15 – I get to work only 15 minutes late. Pretty good considering my anxiety level is really high and I’m sick. I’m trying to keep in mind what Cliff said. It can only get better. (Please get better!)
Excuse me while I get some chocolate...
P.S.
8:00 - My computer crashes. Can I go home now?
5 comments:
You deserve a break today! Chocolate? Good book? Good cry? So sorry your day has started out so poorly :-(
Oh no! Sorry I laughed at the part where SHE THREW UP ALL OVER MY SHIRT!! I'm so sorry I laughed at your expense! I'm sorry about that, you are sick, tired, stressed, worried about kids, worried about R.S... so many things! Hang in there, take deep breaths. To quote Pres. Packer, "cheer up, it will only get worse". :) Am I helping? :)
Don't worry Marianne. I'm sure I'll laugh about it some day too. Oh, wait, that day was today when Dad stopped by during lunch.
What a crappy morning! You're a better person than me, if my day started out like that I would have been back in bed with the covers over my head not talking to anyone. Kudos to you for actually making it to work.
Ouch, what a terribly yucky day. I am sorry. Chocolate does help!!!
Post a Comment