Thursday, November 13, 2008

Actual College Professor Quotes

These are from my all time favorite, Dr. Bowman. I took Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer from him. (Some of these are funnier if you know a bit about those two subjects.)

  • (Commenting on his lopsided diagram) I should have practiced that, but I didn't.
  • That's a typical false observation of an uneducated student.
  • I don't have all these pages memorized yet...just the even ones.
  • This is Thermodynamics! You need to be excited!
  • (On psycology) These fuzzy topics kind of confuse me.
  • This derivation alone added $5 to the cost of your book.
  • I don't think I've ever used that in my whole life, but I still get excited about it!
  • I tried to make this quiz as easy as I could. That's why I used e^z.
  • Our purpose in life is to graduate. Who cares about the right answer.
  • Probably not something I'd tatoo on my arm.
  • If we hadn't assumed that we would have got the wrong answer.
  • I refuse to do things I don't understand.
  • If I wasn't all knowing, you might not believe it.
  • You can almost answer 87% of the world's questions with a T-S diagram.
  • I refuse to tell too many jokes in one day. We'll run out before the end of the year. It's called conservation of jokes.
  • Would we be good heat transfer people if we used equation 3.89?
  • There's nothing sexual about taking a bath in 40 degree water.
  • If there was an easier way [to do heat transfer calculations] then maybe sociologists would do it.
  • Whenever they put that squiggle (the greek letter zeta) in them (the equations) I just stay away from them.
  • Life is a heat transfer problem.
  • If someone gives you a "U" give them a big hug.
  • These problems use up so much paper, you could almost get subsidized by the paper industry.
  • If it's not here, it's there. That's the not-here-but-there rule.
  • That was a waste of chalk.
  • Since you guys are all not very smart, I can tell you anything I want.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love the "added $5 to the cost of the book one"! Did you actually write all these down? I guess I used to do that in religion class with Dr. Benson (Pres Benson's son). He actually gave his final exam not on the scriptures, but on the dumb sayings he said throughout the year. What a riot!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like this guy