Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Reputation

This past weekend was Wood Badge for me. I had a good time, not just because I was by myself for almost 3 days (no kids!) but because I got to hang around, singing, eating, and talking. Most of the other staffers have been around a while and they know Jack and Dad from other courses. Not all of them know that we are related, but when they find out, they always say, "You're Jack's sister?" or "You're Gene's daughter?" and then they tell me how great they think Jack or Dad is.

I really love it when this happens because it makes me proud of our family. It's great to have a family known for being hard workers and good at what we do. I know that the work ethic and perfectionism came from our parents, so thanks Mom and Dad for making our family such a great one! I think we kids are keeping up your reputations as hard-working people who can be counted on to do a job, and do it well.

(By the way, does anyone ever say, "You're Jennifer's brother/dad?" Because that would be cool!)

4 comments:

Dad said...

Not yet, but it is bound to come. I get a lot of "Jack's Dad?" now. So "Jen's Dad?" isn't too far behind.

Marianne said...

Most of my friends still remember you Jen, from about 3 years ago at that GNO (girls night out) in Park City. They thought you were awesome, and an especially good ping pong player! There's something about our family that forces others to participate and end up having a great time. That's why you're such a good leader! And don't worry, I got plenty of "you're Jen's little sister"? at Little Caesar's and at school. Then morphing into "Joe's big sister?" Right now, I am "Nathan's wife?" and proud to be so.

Suzanne Affleck said...

It is nice to have a family reputation already established, especially in scouting. Our family got honorable mention this past Saturday at Scout training. I was a partner with Steve Wamser who has served with just about everyone in our family at one time. "Oh you're a Christensen!" I'm always proud to tell people of my heritage.

Kim said...

Unfortunately, I don't have a name as I am known as Jack's wife in most circles so I know how you feel.