Since it's Thursday afternoon with not much going on at work, I decided to look into the future and see when I'll be rid of all my children. Actually, I was listing, year by year, where they would be in their lives. For example, in 2020, Elizabeth will be able to get her driver's permit while her youngest sister (name TBA) will be starting Kindergarten. It seemed weird at first that there was such a gap between them, but it is nearly 10 years. Here's a few other things I noticed.*
All five of my children will be in school for only 3 years. TBA will start school in 2020 and Elizabeth graduates in 2023. TBA will graduate high school in 2033, when I am 57 and Cliff is 60. Also, Elizabeth could potentially graduate college before her two youngest sisters ever make it to high school. Elizabeth could also be a missionary before the 3 youngest ever make it to high school (and before Catherine has her driver's license.)
If you count Nursery as part of the Primary, there will only be 6 months when all my children will be in Primary. TBA will go into Nursery at the end of August in 2016 and Elizabeth will be a Beehive in March of 2017. If you don't count Nursery, then only 4 will be together in Primary at once since Elizabeth will be nearly a Mia Maid by the time TBA gets to Sunbeams.
There will be 3 times when Lexa and Ellowyn are in the same Young Women's class. Since they are only 18 months apart, they will spend 6 months together in Beehives, Mia Maids, and Laurels. Elizabeth will be heading to Relief Society the same time that Lexa begins YW as a Beehive and TBA is baptized. There will only ever be 3 in YW at once since Catherine will head to RS 7 months before TBA is a Beehive.
Because of the time of year that they were born, Lexa will be 2 years ahead of Ellowyn in school, but only 1 year ahead in her Primary class. Similarly, there is a 2 year school gap between Ellowyn and TBA, but a 3 year Primary gap. There is a 3 year gap between Elizabeth and Catherine and also between Catherine and Lexa in school and Primary.
All my children will be able to get their driver's licenses during their Sophomore year except for Catherine. She won't be able to get hers until the summer between Sophomore and Junior years. And Elizabeth could theoretically drive her youngest sister to her first day of First grade.
I will only ever technically have 4 teenagers at once (though I'm sure it will seem differently since the younger ones will want to act like they're older!) The youngest four will be teenagers at the same time but hopefully Catherine will be a mellowed out teenager at 19 and a half when TBA turns 13.
So I'll get to kick them out every 2-3 years starting in 2023 when Elizabeth graduates high school and ending in 2033 when TBA graduates.Hopefully I'll be finished supporting them by 2037 and then I'll be 62 and can retire and Cliff and I can do whatever it is we're capable of at 62 and 65 years old! Only 22 years to go!
*Of course all these depend on TBA arriving close to the end of February when she's supposed to, but even if she's early there won't be much difference. Also it depends on all the school classes and church programs remaining the same and the world not coming to an end before 2034.
3 comments:
lol! The world not coming to an end! Let's hope we can get all the kids out of the house before then!! :)
You never stop raising (helping) your children. :-) MOM
Wait when do grandkids come in?
Post a Comment