Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Conference Post

I'm a little late posting this because after I did it, I forgot I had it and just yesterday found it while cleaning up.  I think it's funny that nothing really happens the second hour because two of the children were upstairs.

9:00 - Conference starts and I'm cleaning up from breakfast.  I think Cliff is upstairs sleeping because he was up at 4:30 with Lexa.
9:05 - A fight breaks out between Catherine and Lexa over the doll stroller.
9:10 - Elizabeth wants to watch the iPad upstairs in her room.  I let her so there will be one less noisy person downstairs.  Cliff comes in from the garage.  He was looking for a CD.
9:13 - I smell fish.  Is someone poopy?  No, Cliff just fed the cats.  Don't know why a fish smell would make me think of poop.
9:15 - I need to go to the bathroom, but I'm stalling to listen to Elder Uchdorf's talk.  Nope, can't wait.
9:25 - Just noticed that Catherine is lining up all her plastic toys on the living room window sill.  Lexa can't leave them alone.
9:32 - Catherine wants me to put Lexa on my lap so she'll quit trying to take her toys.  No good.  Lexa doesn't want to be still right now.
9:45 - Now Catherine is frustrated that she can't play puzzles without Lexa taking the pieces.  She asks "pretty please" could Lexa "share together"?  They actually cooperate for a while until Lexa gets bored and goes away.
9:52 - During the rest hymn I look for Mom, but there aren't any close up shots of the crowd.
9:56 - Ugh, a Relief Society talk.
9:57 - Rescued from the RS talk by Lexa's fall.  she splits her lip open and I spend the next 10 minutes wiping up blood and trying to keep her from putting her mouth on things until it stops bleeding.
10:10 - Potty break for Catherine.  I go up with her because she doesn't like to go by herself.
10:30 - Catherine stayed upstairs and Lexa is getting tired and grumpy.  Cliff and I spend all of President Monson's talk playing with her.
11:00 - Mormon.org commercial makes me cry.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

These are my favorite posts. Will you come to my house and write mine for me? Mine would be something like: Mom gets bored of sitting for 8 hours and makes cookies...nope...eats cookie dough in its entirety. lol

Suzanne Affleck said...

Mine would go something like Mom and Dad sit on the couch and use Conference as an excuse to shoo the kids upstairs and ignore them for 2 hours.