This week is so jam-packed with stuff! I started to write it all down and it took on a life of its own and now it’s 7 pages long. I don’t expect you to read all of it. I’m mostly posting it so it will be preserved for posterity. I wrote what has happened from Sunday through this morning. Then I wrote what I expect will happen the rest of the week until Saturday night. I expect that the moms (if any can get through the whole thing) can relate.
(Disclaimer: Cliff has been working 10 hours days this week in addition to doing homework and learning to use a new program. That's why you won't see much of him in this post.)
Sunday
8:00 – Wake up. Get everyone ready for church. Restock the diaper bag with diapers, bottle, and formula. Bring coloring books and toys. Don’t forget BSA application for the bishop to sign. Forget snacks. Don't forget to take prescriptions. Don't forget it's Fast Sunday.
9:15 – Go to the church for teacher training meeting. Both Cliff and I are supposed to be there because we both teach Sunday School.
9:30-10:15 – Training meeting. (Keep both kids quiet and feed the baby while still trying to listen.)
10:20-11:00 – Wait around and try to keep kids quiet waiting for church to start.
11:00-12:10 – Try to keep kids quiet during sacrament. Catherine falls asleep.
12:10-12:25 – Cliff takes Elizabeth to class (because they changed the Primary schedule around) while I wait with Catherine and Alexa. Cliff takes the bags to our class while I wait with Catherine and Alexa. Cliff carries sleeping Catherine to our class while I take Alexa.
12:25-1:00 – I teach Gospel Essentials while Cliff holds Alexa and Catherine sleeps on the floor. He takes scout application to the bishop to sign.
1:00-2:00 – Relief Society lesson on gratitude. We go around the room and each say one thing we’re thankful for. I’m thankful that I have so much family so close that when I need to go to the ER on a Friday morning there’s someone to call. The teacher says, "Was that this past Friday?" Yes. Yes it was. Now I have 2 prescriptions to take all week.
2:00 – Catherine starts to wake up. Alexa starts crying because she’s hungry. I feed her as I wait for Cliff in the RS room, hoping that he will pick up Elizabeth. The teacher brings Elizabeth in. Cliff comes and carries Catherine to the car because she’s still groggy.
2:15-4:00 – Get home from church, heat up leftover pizza and hot dogs for the girls. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Various activities commence and at some point I fall asleep on the couch. Cliff does his homework.
4:00 – Joe invites us over for dinner.
4:30 – I make a loaf of bread to take for dinner.
5:00-7:30 – Get the car packed with kids to Joe’s house. Eat yummy dinner. Play with kids and babies. Watch the end of the basketball game. Cliff doesn’t get to come because he is doing homework.
8:00-? – Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Put Catherine and Alexa’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Put Elizabeth’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Get Elizabeth’s backpack ready for the next day. Don’t forget her yearbook and homework folder. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Go to bed.
Monday
400-4:30 – Cliff gets up. Leaves for work.
5:00-6:00 – I get up, feed the baby, get ready for work, get the bags in the car, get the kids in the car. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Don’t forget to grab something for breakfast. Don’t forget to double check the bags for shoes. Don’t forget to bring a book for lunch time. Don’t forget Pluto and blankie for Catherine. Don’t forget to let the cats out of the garage.
6:15 – Drop off Elizabeth at my parents’ house. I lie to Catherine that Grandma is asleep so I don’t have to unbuckle her and take her in to say “hi” to Grandma.
6:30 – Drop off Catherine and Alexa at Cliff’s parent’s house. Cliff’s dad comes out as soon as I pull up to carry Catherine inside.
7:00-11:20 – “Working.”
11:20-12:30 – I go get In-N-Out for Cliff and we have lunch together.
12:30-4:30 – “Working.”
4:30-5:00 – Pick up Catherine and Alexa so Cliff can have more time for homework. Don’t forget to bring Pluto and blankie home. Forget to ask about the last time Alexa ate.
5:15-5:45 – Feed Alexa while eating leftover pizza. Heat noodles for Elizabeth. Cliff takes a shower. Restock the diaper bag with diapers, bottle, and formula.
6:00-8:30 – Coupon class with Cody at the Michaelis house. Forget the diaper bag. Try to pay attention while playing with the cutest baby in the world.
8:30-? – Get home, make the kids take a bath because they were playing with dogs and guinea pigs and boys. Get Catherine some food because she hasn’t eaten yet. Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Put Catherine and Alexa’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Put Elizabeth’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Get Elizabeth’s backpack ready for the next day. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Go to bed.
Tuesday
400-4:30 – Cliff gets up. Leaves for work.
5:00-6:00 – I get up, feed the baby, get ready for work, get the bags in the car, get the kids in the car. Forget to grab something for breakfast. Don’t forget to double check the bags for shoes. Don’t forget to bring a book for lunch time. Don’t forget Pluto and blankie for Catherine. Don’t forget dance concert tickets for the in-laws. Don’t forget to let the cats out of the garage.
6:15 – Drop off Elizabeth at my parents’ house. Catherine is asleep this time so I don’t have to lie.
6:30 – Drop off Catherine and Alexa at Cliff’s parent’s house. Cliff’s dad comes out as soon as I pull up to carry Catherine inside. Forget to give them the dance concert tickets.
7:00-12:00 – Eat last cereal bar in my desk for breakfast. “Working.”
12:00-12:30 – I go get Taco Bell for lunch. I start reading my book and realize it is number two in a series and I haven’t read the first one.
12:30-4:00 – “Working.”
4:00-4:45 – I leave work early to go vote. There are only 3 offices to vote for. Is this the lamest election ever?
4:45-5:30 – Making dinner. It’s stuffed manicotti and apparently I can’t follow directions because I put the spaghetti sauce in the stuffing with the cheese. instead of on top. Turns out good anyway.
5:30-6:45 –Checking email; get tour permit started for scout camp; write down things I still need for tour permit; download packet for classes offered through the city (trying to get Elizabeth some swim lessons); partly read cabin instructions from Suzanne.
6:45-7:15 – Take Catherine and Alexa with me to Scout Committee Meeting. Don’t forget iPad to take notes. Alexa cries all the way there. Try to feed her when I get there, but she’s not hungry. (Gas? Teeth?) Catherine politely sits and reads books the whole time.
7:30 – Try to call Cliff on the way home. He is taking Elizabeth to her 7:30 ballet class and I’m trying to find out if he wants me to stay with her at the class while he gets more homework done.
7:45 – I pass Cliff 2 blocks from our house. Elizabeth forgot her ballet shoes and he went back home to get them for her. (I would have made her dance without them.)
8:00-? – I give Alexa a bath, get the messages from the phone. I get the cameras out for dance rehearsal the next day. Video disk is full so I have to finalize it. Leave the disk on the counter to write all the info on it later. We’re out of AA batteries for the still camera. Charge the video camera. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Put Catherine and Alexa’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Put Elizabeth’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Get Elizabeth’s backpack ready for the next day. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Gas! She goes right to sleep after I give her the medicine. Get out the glue gun to make a quick fix to Elizabeth’s ballet dress. Make sure all the parts to each costume are in the bag. Put in flat iron and extra bobby pins. Get to bed.
Wednesday
400-4:30 – Cliff gets up. Leaves for work.
5:00-6:00 – I get up, feed the baby, get ready for work, get the bags in the car, get the kids in the car. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Don’t have anything to grab for breakfast. Don’t forget to double check the bags for shoes. Don’t forget Pluto and blankie for Catherine. Don’t forget dance concert tickets for the in-laws. Don’t forget scout stuff to finish the tour permit. Don’t forget guy’s phone number so I can call for his insurance information for the tour permit. Don’t forget girl’s phone number who called last night to ask me about the RS lesson on Sunday. Forget to let the cats out of the garage.
6:15 – Drop off Elizabeth at my parents’ house. I take Catherine inside so she can say “hi” to Grandma.
6:30 – Drop off Catherine and Alexa at Cliff’s parent’s house. Cliff’s dad comes out as soon as I pull up to carry Catherine inside. Remembered to give them the dance concert tickets. Wilma asks if I can take Jacob after the concert so they can go to the gun show. It’s fine with me but he’s going to have to sit through another dance concert because we are going to the 2:00 show to see Drew and Emily.
6:45 – I go to Krispy Kreme for donuts. I get two sugar coated donuts that are still warm. They’re my favorite because they remind me of this time that I ate something similar and it made me so happy. I’m so excited about my donuts that I miss my turn.
6:55 – Extra points because I’m 5 minutes early and walking in just in front of the boss.
7:00-12:00 – “Working.” Don't forget to check who won the election.
Plans for the rest of the week:
12:00-12:30 – Lunch with Cliff, In-N-Out again. Don’t forget to buy batteries, hairspray, and a hairnet.
12:30-3:30 – “Working.” Don’t forget to call the guy and the girl. Don’t forget to finish tour permit. Don’t forget to make grocery list using coupon website. Don’t forget to print out coupons.
3:30-4:30 – Leave early to take Elizabeth to dance rehearsal at Cashman field.
4:30-7:00 – Get some dinner, get to Cashman. Find out which dressing room we can use. Get her into jazz dance costume. Curl hair, put on make-up, shoes. Find out if she’s supposed to wear her jewelry. Wait around and watch iPad until it’s her turn. Don’t forget to call Kim about dance tickets and baby pictures.
7:05 – “That Thing You Do” Elizabeth onstage while I video and take pictures.
7:15-7:45 – Get tap costume on, check make-up.
7:45 – “Respect” Elizabeth onstage while I video and take pictures.
7:55-8:15 – Get ballet costume on. Try to get hair into a bun with the hairnet.
8:15 – “Moonlit Sky” Elizabeth onstage while I video and take pictures.
8:25 – Get Elizabeth back into regular clothes and go home.
9:00 – Get home, wash off Elizabeth’s make-up. Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Put Catherine and Alexa’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Put Elizabeth’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Don’t forget to finalize grocery list. Don't forget to charge iPad. Go to bed.
Thursday
400-4:30 – Cliff gets up. Leaves for work.
5:00-6:00 – I get up, feed the baby, get ready for work, get the bags in the car, get the kids in the car. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Don’t have anything to grab for breakfast. Don’t forget to double check the bags for shoes. Don’t forget Pluto and blankie for Catherine. Don’t forget to let the cats out of the garage. Don’t forget book to read at lunch.
6:15 – Drop off Elizabeth at my parents’ house.
6:30 – Drop off Catherine and Alexa at Cliff’s parent’s house. Cliff’s dad will come out as soon as I pull up to carry Catherine inside. Don’t forget to ask if they’re running out of any supplies.
7:00-8:00 – “Working.”
8:00-10:00 – Configuration Management for Users Briefing
10:00-11:30 – OPTIX Briefing for Facilities and Infrastructure Documents
11:30-12:00 – Lunch.
12:30-4:30 – “Working.”
5:00-? – Get home, make and eat dinner (turkey with mashed potatoes?) Don’t forget to print coupons. Go to the grocery store. Don’t forget coupons. Don’t forget diapers for Catherine. Don’t forget shampoo. Don’t forget waffles and cereal bars. Figure out how to get Elizabeth to the lake on Friday. (Stay with Cliff? Drop her at Dad’s house?) Sort through the mail. Get with Kim to get dance tickets and pictures. Drop off dance tickets to Zela.
Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Put Catherine and Alexa’s clothes into a bag for the next day. Put Elizabeth’s clothes (and swimsuit?) into a bag for the next day. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Secretly throw away Elizabeth’s backpack. Don't forget to charge iPad. Go to bed.
Friday
5:00-6:00 – I get up, feed the baby, get ready for work, get the bags in the car, get the kids in the car. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Don’t forget to grab something for breakfast. Don’t forget to double check the bags for shoes. Don’t forget Pluto and blankie for Catherine.
6:15 – Drop off Elizabeth at my parents’ house?
6:30 – Drop off Catherine and Alexa at Cliff’s parent’s house. Cliff’s dad will come out as soon as I pull up to carry Catherine inside. Don’t forget to give them supplies.
7:00-11:30 – “Working.”
11:30-12:30 – Lunch. Don’t forget to go to the scout office to get patches, scout books, insurance information.
12:30-3:30 – “Working.”
3:30-? Go home. SPEND TIME WITH HUSBAND. Keep kids busy so Cliff can do homework. Do laundry. Sort through the mail. Make dinner (party delights?). Make Elizabeth empty the dishwasher. Wash dishes. Get everyone to help pick up the living room.
Don’t forget to talk to Elizabeth about dance concerts Saturday. Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Make sure that Elizabeth’s dance bag is packed and ready for Saturday. Don't forget to charge iPad. Go to bed.
Saturday
7:00-9:00 – Get Elizabeth up, curl hair, put on make-up, get dressed in ballet costume. Restock the diaper bag with diapers, bottle, and formula. Make sure teeth medicine is in the bag. Don’t forget iPad. Don’t forget cameras. Don’t forget dance tickets. Don’t forget snacks. Don’t forget to eat breakfast. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Try to convince Elizabeth that wearing two pairs of tights isn’t the end of the world.
9:00-10:00 – Get to Cashman Theater. Put Elizabeth’s hair in a bun. Remind her to make sure everything gets into her dance bag. Try to get good seats on an aisle so I can take Alexa out if she cries. Let Catherine watch iPad until it starts. Try not to have an anxiety attack about relying on the goodness of strangers to change my daughter’s outfit and how chaotic it is backstage and how something is going to go terribly wrong!!
10:00-12:00 – Dance concert in which Elizabeth has 3 numbers.
12:00-2:00 – Celebratory lunch with the in-laws (and parents?) In-laws leave Jacob with me so they can go to the gun show. I take 4 kids to the next dance concert by myself because Cliff has more homework.
2:00-4:00 – Drew and Emily’s dance concert in which they have 3 numbers. “Cuban Pete” is my favorite.
4:00-? – Hook up with in-laws to return Jacob. Go home. Eat dinner. Keep kids busy so Cliff can do homework. Do laundry. Wash dishes. Don’t forget to make Alexa watch the face video for the study. Is it teeth coming in or gas that’s making Alexa so crabby? Vacuum and mop the living room floor. Do more laundry. Email everyone about cabin stuff. Check out swimming lessons for Elizabeth (and maybe Catherine?) Make sure Cliff is teaching Gospel Essentials on Sunday. Plan Father’s Day presents. Download dance pictures onto computer. Upload pictures to Heritage Makers. Read cabin instructions from Suzanne and print directions. Watch the video disk from Tuesday night and write down what’s on it. Bathe the kids. Get everyone in pajamas and into bed. Don’t forget to take prescriptions. Don't forget to charge iPad. Go to bed.
2 comments:
Wow! Are you ever allowed to go to the bathroom? Or do you schedule that in under "working"? :)
It's a good thing women are excellent multi-taskers or nothing in life would ever get done. You go Super Mom!
Post a Comment