This weekend we went to Utah to stay with my sister. I would put up some pictures of the great time we had, but I forgot my camera. So instead, I’ll describe it all for you.
We left on Friday afternoon, ate dinner in Beaver, and stayed overnight in Fillmore. The swimming pool was too cold and the spa was too hot, so we played around in the HUGE hot tub in the corner of the room where the temperature was just right.
On Saturday, we made it up to Marianne’s house just in time for lunch at CafĂ© Rio. Then all the girls went swimming in the backyard pool. Later, Elizabeth stayed with her new best friends while Cliff and Catherine and I went to visit our friends, the Greens. We had a great dinner, even better conversation, and learned that you shouldn’t play team sports with Jeremy. We made it back just in time for fireworks and root beer floats. There was even a full moon that night courtesy of the littlest boy.
We went to church on Sunday and had to crush a few hopes because no, we weren’t new, we were just visiting. Marianne made an absolutely delicious dinner with her fabulous super-buttery rolls and actual gravy. And strawberry shortcake for dessert, with real homemade whipped cream. Mmmm.
The next day we had more fun planned with playtime at Jumping Jacks (it’s a warehouse full of those big inflatable bounce houses) and shopping for some Catherine birthday stuff. Then we had hot dogs for dinner (she can even make hot dogs taste good!) Then Marianne and I went to see “Eclipse”.
Tuesday we left early, but got held up in St. George while Catherine had some kind of problem. We stopped for lunch, but she wouldn’t eat anything, just cry. It might have been her teeth because she wouldn’t even eat the watermelon (her favorite). Anyway, we made it home just in time to rush Elizabeth off to ballet class. Then we rushed to the store, and hurried to make Catherine’s birthday cake (which Marianne gave me an awesome idea for.)
We were all sad to leave because Marianne’s house is the best vacation spot ever. She always has a nice cozy bed for us, great food, and fabulous desserts. She and her husband are super fun to hang out with. She doesn’t care if you stay up late or get up late, or play HALO for 10 hours a day. Her kids are great babysitters. And best of all, when I’m around her, I don’t have to pretend like everything is okay. I can just be myself and she understands because she’s been there too.
Thanks, Marianne, for such an awesome weekend! (And sorry for getting you all addicted to the iPad!)
4 comments:
Awww! It was fun to have you guys here. You are my favorite guests. I don't have to worry about being boring with you guys around. Hopefully Catherine has a great birthday today!! Happy 2nd birthday!
I'm glad you had a good time with your sis!
I agree. The Crapos is a great destination resort. :) It's got everything you could want, plus it's free to stay there! You guys should open a business. We always had a good time up there.
I too love the Marianne hotel. Thanks for hosting us a time or two, too!!
Post a Comment