Elizabeth follows me around the house like a little magnet. She loves to do what I'm doing. On Friday, we made some rainbow cupcakes to practice for making her birthday cake. She was so excited to put in the ingredients, mix the colors and see the cupcakes rise. Yesterday, my mom brought over her giant cupcake pan for Elizabeth's birthday cake and ever since, Elizabeth has bugged me about making her cake.
So today as I was engaged in my usual Sunday afternoon activity (LEGO Rockband) she bugged me so much that I finally told her that I would help her make the cake if she emptied the dishwasher and put all the dishes away. So she did it! There were some that she couldn't reach so she stacked them neatly on the counter. All the while she sang "Follow the prophet, follow the prophet, follow the prophet..."
Elizabeth is a really great helper. She's also smart which makes her a fast learner too. I taught her how to crack eggs and flip the french toast. The only thing she doesn't really like is the hot stove, so she won't stir things on the stove. But she loves to cook. For her birthday, I'm giving her an Easy Bake oven and I know she'll just love it.
Hooray for slaves, I mean children!
I also make her do her own laundry and clean her own room. Next I think we'll work on scrubbing the toilets.
I just consider it payback for yelling "Mom, you've got a big white hair!" during the sacrament.
2 comments:
How did you get your almost 5 year old to do all that? My 11 year old won't do half those things. I think they need a better mom. Want some kids?
My girls love to help me in the kitchen too. Mixing, pouring, cracking eggs, and sticking their fingers in to taste.
That is awesome that Elizabeth can unload the dishwasher! I hate doing dishes and can't wait until my kids are big enough. I guess the time is closer than I thought. :-)
Post a Comment