The other night Catherine tripped and fell onto a plastic basket which cut her nose all up. In a related story, today is her 18 month check up with the pediatrician.
Yes, I'm one of those Moms who likes to have clean, well behaved children at the doctor's office. It bothers me that he might be thinking I don't take proper care of them. Though, rationally, I'm sure he's seen worse, it's my irrational self that worries about what others think of me and my parenting skills.
Well, at least we haven't had any stitches or broken bones yet (knock on wood) even though Elizabeth has her share of facial scars (four and counting) and now Catherine might have one or two on her nose.
At least I get to look forward to the worries that will surface when the doctor asks me all the questions about what Catherine can do. (She's supposed to be able to throw a ball? But we don't have balls in our house! How will she ever develop normally?!)
5 comments:
Throw a ball? Give her a marshmallow and tell her to throw it at the cat. She's a very talented girl, I'm sure she's doing just fine. I can't believe she's already 18 months. Time flies!!
I'm right there with you. I feel awful if my kids aren't 100% at their check-ups. Weird, but it happens.
When Sophie was little they would ask me those development questions and without fail the ones I said no to she would start doing the next day. I think some of those they just make up on the spot to see what you let your kids do.
So what is normal? Who establishes the norm? What is the accepted error bar? How did that get established?
In other words, who cares what the Drs. say. You know them better than anyone.
Your Dad is right, you know your own child better than anyone else. Anyway, with her turning 18 months, she is in nursery!!! yeah!! so any of those bad habits she hasn't developed on her own, she can now learn in nursery!
for what it's worth, I think you are a really good mom, and good aunt too.
Post a Comment