So I went to the doctor to get some medication for help in battling my depression. One of the unfortunate side effects of depression is not caring enough about anything, not even getting help. And one of my worst social anxiety issues is calling people on the phone. So I was quite proud of myself for calling and getting an appointment (after two tries) and finally getting to the doctor.
You would think that when someone came into your office for help with their depression, you would want to help them along and give them a bit of hope. Instead, I got a prescription and an order to lose four pounds by the follow up visit in four weeks.
Thanks a lot, doctor. I know I’m overweight, but did we really have to talk about that at this visit? Couldn’t it have waited until maybe next time when I don’t already feel like staying in bed all day?
5 comments:
What kind of quack doctor did you go to? I'll tell him where he can stick his four pounds. Good for you for actually getting in though. I still haven't done that and I've been out of meds for months. Changing insurance doesn't help either. I don't even know who to call.
JERK!!
Not you! Please tell me you knew I was talking about that jerky doctor. I've decided that doctors don't know anything. All they do is "guess" all day long. And some are rude, and some are downright mean! I'm pretty sure the only way to handle a comment like that is to try and gain 4 pounds this month instead.
Drs are smucks! Try a therapist (with a MS not a dr with an MD) You need the Dr for the script, but that is all you need him for. You are the best, and I am proud of you. (I agree, tell him to place the 4 pounds were the sun don't shine.)
Yuck Dr. Experience! I've been very blest to have an amazing doctor since 2000. I found him through a friend and was willing to drive to BOULDER CITY to see him. He's in Henderson now, and even though my insurance won't cover the visit I figure he's worth the $90 every 3 to 6 months so I don't wind up with some crazy doctor like yours!
Post a Comment