Sometime in the night: C’s toy makes a noise close to my bed. I endure it, but then turn it off the second time.
6:19 I wake up.
6:22 I hear C make a noise.
6:28 I figure that Cliff is probably playing HALO so I might as well get up and get the baby. She’s just waking up so she’s all snuggly.
6:30 Cliff surprises me and brings in a bottle.
6:35 C falls asleep after her bottle. I look down as she smiles. It’s the cutest thing EVER! She does it again while I’m watching.
6:42 I put C back in bed and consider going to bed myself, but I go downstairs to start a roast in the crock-pot.
6:50 I calculate the roast done time at 4:00 (10 hours from now.)
6:57 I re-calculate the roast done time at 5:00 (10 hours from now.)
7:02 I flip channels on the TV until I find The Colbert Report. He’s talking about how Americans are narcissists and says, “Thinking that other people might be better than you is what makes you Canadian.”
7:22 E wakes up and comes downstairs.
8:47 E clomps up the stairs to see if C is awake. Of course she is.
8:54 I switch channels to Conference away from “Man Of The Year”. I guess I’ll never find out how it ends since I’m too lazy, er… busy to rent it.
8:58 Cliff asks if I’m writing down everything and pledges to sit and watch without falling asleep. (He succeeds at this because he spends most of the time playing a Pokemon game on his DS.)
6:19 I wake up.
6:22 I hear C make a noise.
6:28 I figure that Cliff is probably playing HALO so I might as well get up and get the baby. She’s just waking up so she’s all snuggly.
6:30 Cliff surprises me and brings in a bottle.
6:35 C falls asleep after her bottle. I look down as she smiles. It’s the cutest thing EVER! She does it again while I’m watching.
6:42 I put C back in bed and consider going to bed myself, but I go downstairs to start a roast in the crock-pot.
6:50 I calculate the roast done time at 4:00 (10 hours from now.)
6:57 I re-calculate the roast done time at 5:00 (10 hours from now.)
7:02 I flip channels on the TV until I find The Colbert Report. He’s talking about how Americans are narcissists and says, “Thinking that other people might be better than you is what makes you Canadian.”
7:22 E wakes up and comes downstairs.
8:47 E clomps up the stairs to see if C is awake. Of course she is.
8:54 I switch channels to Conference away from “Man Of The Year”. I guess I’ll never find out how it ends since I’m too lazy, er… busy to rent it.
8:58 Cliff asks if I’m writing down everything and pledges to sit and watch without falling asleep. (He succeeds at this because he spends most of the time playing a Pokemon game on his DS.)
9:00 Cliff wants the record to show that he is already uplifted by the opening song.
9:02 Things Elizabeth does during the opening prayer: kisses the cat; says, “Mom, I’m doing a good job!”; shushes C; says “Mom, can I get Catherine?”; thanks Dad for picking up C; yawns.
9:03 C sneezes rivers of boogers.
9:05 Discussion of who can go through the baby gate (Yes cats, no Catherine.)
9:06 E has to relocate Polly-Pocket-sized princesses to the table, out of C’s reach.
9:08 Cliff & E negotiate a getting dressed time. Dad says she has to go during the singing, but E wants to hear the singing, so she goes now and clomps up the stairs again.
9:10 I don’t hear C so I get up to check on her. She’s halfway into the cat bathroom through the cat door.
9:18 They’re back. E is dressed and her constant chattering while playing with the princesses over the next 2 hours prompts Mom and Dad to remind her to be quiet three times each.
9:25 Elder Anderson speaks and is mostly ignored in favor of the cutest baby ever.
9:34 He mentions pioneers and I remember that Cliff hates when people talk about pioneers and that he is a pioneer in his family.
9:35 C reminds us that she has not eaten breakfast yet. I try to listen as I feed her, but putting near liquid food into a wiggly mouth takes a lot of concentration.
9:43 E eats bread, one of her favorite snacks.
9:50 C is done just in time for the rest hymn. I have to retrieve the bottle from upstairs where I left it. I make some formula for her and snag a Rice Krispie treat on my way back into the living room. Alright, I grabbed two. They’re breakfasty right?
9:53 I have been expecting a focus on families, and finally some one talks about them: Sister Barbara Thompson.
10:01 Another booger river from C.
10:20 E needs help finding Tinkerbell’s other yellow shoe. Fortunately, it’s hymn time again and I go help her find it. I find it paired with the green shoe. Now the other green one is missing. (It’s discovered later on the floor under a blanket by Mom, who is glad C didn’t find it first.)
10:25 We get a black screen for 2 minutes. Is it wrong that I was secretly glad that Conference might be over for us half an hour early?
10:28 E: “What’s his name?” Mom: “President Monson.” E: “No, the guy Catherine has.” Mom: “Woodstock.”
10:29 Minor technical difficulties again. It’s even harder to listen when you don’t hear all the words.
10:33 C has been getting progressively grumpier the last 10 minutes. Cliff takes her and walks around the living room with her.
10:36 President Monson is giving an example set in East Prussia and says President Uchtdorf’s name in a way that reminds of how I say kids’ names during sharing time when they aren’t paying attention.
10:40 E asks for a Popsicle. The answer is no because we’ll be eating lunch soon. But now I want a Popsicle too.
10:43 It’s my turn to hold C.
10:47 Cliff is depressed my President Monson’s talk about a lady who had to bury her children and dig their graves with a spoon. E asks, “Is it done?”
10:48 The camera angle of the organists makes it look like one person with 3 hands and the Monson montage during the song makes him seem like a political candidate.
10:51 Things Elizabeth does during the closing prayer: pets the cat; quietly giggles as the cat bumps her folded arms wanting to be petted some more.
10:52 Cliff pronounces C asleep.
10:53 As I get up to take her to bed, E sees the SL temple and declares, “Hey, it’s Disneyland!”
2 comments:
Ha ha! I look forward to your GConf play by play every year. You make me laugh! I love the "rivers of boogers" one. I tried to follow your example, but it gets exhausting with 7 noisy people (and I don't have your hilarious sense of humor!) Keep up the good work! Hope to see you later.
Wow. My Conference experience wasn't nearly as exciting as yours. Most of the time I was drifting in and out of sleep.
By the way, if it's made with breakfast cereal, I say they still count.
Post a Comment