Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Elizabeth at the Doctor

Our pediatrician asks questions about what my girls can do when we bring them in for their check-ups. When Elizabeth went in for her 4-year check, the doctor asked me if she could jump up and down. Before I could answer, she yelled out, "Yes, yes I can!" and proceeded to show him. Then he made her stand on one foot, then the other. Then he asked her this series of questions:
Dr. N: What do you do when you're hungry?
Elizabeth: Eat lunch!
Dr. N: What do you do when you're thirsty?
Elizabeth: Get a drink!
Dr. N: What do you do when you're tired?
Elizabeth: Lay down!
Dr. N: What do you do when you're hands are dirty?
Elizabeth: Wear gloves!

He also pulled out a book and asked her to count some ants (there were 6) and then he showed her some opposites.
Dr. N: This giraffe is big. What are the ants?
Elizabeth: They're little. But the giraffe isn't big, it's tall.

I wish I could remember some of the other things she said, because I was laughing (to myself of course.) The doctor told her she was smart and she said, "Yes, I'm a good girl and I'm smart!"

2 comments:

Marianne said...

What a doll. She's so smart! They can say the cutest things at this age. (When they get older it turns more and more annoying)

Anonymous said...

Wow. She is a genious just like her mom!!