Elizabeth: Know what my favorite joke is?
Mom: No, what?
Elizabeth: Say "Knock, knock."
Mom: Knock, knock.
Elizabeth: Who's there?
Mom: ...
Elizabeth: Say "Beanie."
Mom: Beanie.
Elizabeth: Beanie who?
Mom: ... Elizabeth, I don't know this joke ...
Dad: [Not-so-silent laughter with tears coming out of his eyes.]
Elizabeth doesn't like the dark and wants her light on when we drive around at night. The other night she had this to say:
"I need my light on! I can't see Catherine! I can't see Daddy! I can't see Mommy! I can't see myself!"
I was tickling her on the bed and she squirmed away laughing and said, "Don't tickle me!" I said, "Oh, sorry!" Then she said, "Tickles is not sorry. It means everyone is having fun. Like a merry-go-round."
3 comments:
We are going to have to have Elizabeth-isms. She is hilarious. Sophie can't wait for her birthday party!
What a sweetie. Makes me want to trade kids with you! Can I?
So cute - she's a crackup!
Post a Comment