Okay, so here's another weird thing that happens to me now that I'm old/fat: my butt cheeks get cold.
When I was camping at Wood Badge, it was about 40 degrees outside. I was wearing buttsocks, pants, wool socks, long sleeve shirt, scout shirt, sweatshirt, mittens, and a down coat that reached my knees. Every part of me was warm except my butt cheeks. And that part of me was double covered! Maybe it was because I was sitting on a log. Anyway, when I got into bed that night, I was all warm and toasty except for those cheeks and I couldn't sleep because of it. The next night the same thing happened so I grabbed one of the hot patches that I had brought and stuck it on the left cheek. (I had only brought two and wanted to save one for the third night.) So pretty soon I had one warm and one cold. Apparently I can get to sleep that way.
Moral of the story: Two cold cheeks = no sleep. One cold cheek = sleep. Weird, eh?
1 comment:
Awesome! All the little annoying things that keep us from sleeping. And you thought you'd be snoring like a jackhammer without the baby around. Sigh...maybe you could try warming up with your behind next to the fire until your pants feel like they are on fire! Hot pants+cold cheeks=happy sleeping mom?
Post a Comment